Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Anthony Creek 1997


The Anthony Creek trail orginates at the Cades Cove picnic area, follows the creek, and connects with the Bote Mountain Trail which reaches the Appalachian Trail at Spence Field.

The hike on this occassion was in the fall, the goal was Spence Field, carrying my 4x5 camera, a tripod and several packs of film. I was hiking with an associate from my office who wanted to do some hiking. I think I about wore him out on this trail. It was an uphill climb the whole way.

The Anthony Creek Trail is one of the more beautiful trails in the park. It wanders through forests and beside streams. On the right kind of day, the sunlight streams through the leaves of the trees. The effect can be breath-taking.

This photograph was meant to capture those impressions. The water movement, the glow of the light on the trees behind the water, all make this photograph one of my personal favorites. I also have fond memories of the hike especially as we accomplished our goal of making it to Spence Field.

No comments: